Watch Patrick Swayze Movies Online Free
Patrick Swayze was born on 18th August 1952 in Houston, Texas, USA and debuted in 1979 in Skatetown, USA. Growing up, Patrick Swayze went to his mother's dance school in Houston, Texas. After high school, he moved to New York to train at Joffrey Ballet School and Harkness Ballet. In the eighties, he starred in several movies including Red Dawn and Road House. He got widespread attention for his roles in Dirty Dancing and Ghost. He starred in a range of movies including Point Break and Donnie Darko. In 2008 he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He died in 2009.
Patrick Swayze Filmography
We found 35 films starring Patrick Swayze. You can watch all these movies now at - The #1 international movie streaming service -
Patrick Swayze's Full Biography
At the age of 57, Patrick Swayze died on 14th September 2009 after battling with pancreatic cancer for nearly two years. A representative for the actor said he "passed away peacefully with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months." Swayze was born on 18th August 1952 in Houston, Texas. In 1972 he moved to New York to take part in formal dance training. After bit parts including M*A*S*H and a Broadway production of Grease, Swayzes breakthrough role came in 1987 in the legendary film Dirty Dancing. The role of Johnny Castle gave him the chance to show off his dancing skills, as well as steal the hearts of women everywhere. Dirty Dancing was a low-budget success story and was the first film to sell one million copies on VHS that propelled Swayze to stardom status, earning him a Golden Globe nomination. As well as acting and dancing Swayze also lent his vocals to the soundtrack, singing "She's Like the Wind," one of the many iconic songs featured in the film. His next big success was in 1990, when he appeared with Demi Moore and Whoopie Goldberg in the Oscar winning Ghost. The film was a financial success and supplied one of the most iconic scenes in cinema; when Swayze and Moore get muddy making pottery. Following that, in 1991 he co-starred with Keanu Reeves in Kathryn Bigelows action adventure, Point Break. More recently Swayze had smaller roles in Donnie Darko and Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights. Swayze leaves behind his wife of 32 years, Lisa Niemi. The couple met as teenagers and had one of the strongest marriages in Hollywood.
Leave Your Comments
What is your favourite Patrick Swayze movie and anything else you want to add about Patrick Swayze?
- He was an avid skydiver and he did his own skydiving scene in Point Break.
- He co-wrote the song She's Like The Wind for Dirty Dancing.
- While filming Letters From A Killer, Patrick Swayze escaped being crushed by a truck. A week later he broke his legs when he fell from a horse and hit a tree.
- In 2000, he survived a plane crash.
- He met Lisa Niemi when he was 19 and married her in 1975. She was a student at his mother's dance school.
Patrick Swayze Awardography
Golden Globe Award Nominations: 3
- 1996: Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical - To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything! Julie Newmar
- 1991: Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical - Ghost
- 1988: Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical - Dirty Dancing